Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome to the Short Story Reading Challenge

Welcome to the Short Story Reading Challenge! More than forty people have already signed up to participate. It makes me extremely happy to see that so many people are keen to read more short stories this year. Certainly it's given me some excellent ammunition with which to respond the next time someone tries to tell me that the short story is a dying art form!

You will find an ever-expanding list of participants on the sidebar to the right. In compiling that list, I've used the names with which you've signed your posts or e-mails, and linked directly to your posts about the challenge where I could find them, or just to your blogs generally where I couldn't. If you would prefer that I not list you, or that I list you under a different name, or link to a different post, or to a different blog, let me know and I'll fix it. Also, if you provided me with an e-mail address or if I could find one on your blog, I've sent you an invitation to become an author of this blog so that you can post here. If I've missed you somehow, please send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a blogger invite immediately.

Please feel free to post anything short story related here whether it be your reading lists for the challenge, your responses to that reading once you begin, your recommendations of short stories that you've enjoyed in the past, links to reviews of short story collections that pique your interest, or links to articles about the short story, and so on.

I look forward to reading some excellent short stories in your company!

No comments: