Friday, January 4, 2008

Lisa's List

I will preface this by saying that I haven't been very successful with reading challenges in the past because I tend to get distracted by other things that I want to read. I guess I pretty much tend to read by mood. I haven't generally read much in the short story genre. So, I decided to participate in this challenge to motivate me. Below is my tentative list. Again, because of my short attention span, I may end up alternating some of the selections. I really look forward to seeing what everyone else is reading. Thanks Kate for hosting this challenge.

Growing up Female: Stories by Women Writers from the American Mosaic edited by Susan Cahill
The O Henry Prize Stories (2007) edited by Laura Furman
Best American Short Stories (2007) edited by Stephen King
Civil War Women: The Civil War Seen Through Women's Eyes edited by Frank McSherry, Jr.
The View from Castle Rock by Alice Munro
Nocturnes by John Connolly
Moral Disorder and Other Stories by Margaret Atwood
Oxford Book of American Short Stories edited by Joyce Carol Oates
The Collected Works of Flannery O'Connor
#10 to be determined

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will definietely be interested to see what you think of the Margaret Atwood ones. I am reading Alias Grace by her at the moment which is the fourth novel by her I will have read. I hope to read The Blind Assassin, The Penelopiad this year and Oryx and Crake too.