Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rebecca's Short Story List

I am at the beginning of my own little challenge on my blog Rebecca Reads in which I’m going to read the following classic short stories:
  • Anton Chekhov
    • “The Kiss”
    • “The Student”
    • “The Lady with the Dog”
  • Guy de Maupassant
    • “Madame Tellier’s Establishment”
    • “The Horla”
  • Ernest Hemingway
    • “Hills Like White Elephants”
    • “God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen”
    • “The Snows of Kilimanjaro”
    • “A Sea Change”
  • Flannery O’Connor
    • “A Good Man Is Hard to Find”
    • “Good Country People”
    • “A View of the Woods”
  • Vladimir Nabokov
    • “The Vane Sisters”
  • Jorge Luis Borges
    • “Tlön, Ugbar, Orbis Tertius”
  • Tommaso Landolfi
    • “Gogol’s Wife”
  • Italo Calvino
    • Invisible Cities

While that is only eight writers, I’ll either come here and post about the particular story or about the entire collection (depending on how much I liked those stories, I may or may not read more by the author). I'll try to visit at least ten times before the end of the year!

Anyway, there’s my list, and I’ll be back soon to tell you about Chekhov (so far I’m liking his stories very much!).

1 comment:

Lynda said...

A great list ;0)