Friday, July 11, 2008

Katha: Short Stories by Indian Women (Short Stories by Women from Around the World)


Katha: Short Stories by Indian Women (Short Stories by Women from Around the World) edited by Urvashi Butalia.

While this collection of short stories is not the one I've chosen for this challenge - see my list here - I picked it up in my local library to read the other day and have to recommend it to you all.

It's a wonderful collection of stories, reflecting the diverse culture and experiences of Indian women, as well as Indian folk lore. The book spans over half a century, and reflects many languages and cultures.
A lovely collection.

I've now started reading Povidky: Short Stories by Czech Women (Short Stories by Women from Around the World) by Daniela Hodrova, Kveta Legatova, Nancy Hawker, and David Short , another in this collection of Short Stories from Women Around the World.

Thanks to this challenge I've rediscovered my love of short stories. Thanks!

No comments: